Reservation Agent Assistant – Pedestrian Jobs
Picnic Touring and Events is looking for someone who is passionate about Sydney’s underground dance music community to join our team to help find and book the best DJs and live artists from Australia and around the world, as well as helping with event production, publicity and promotion of our shows.
The role will focus on our weekly events, placing queues, selling out shows and working with well-known and established venues in and around Sydney as we rebuild coming out of restrictions.
In this role, you will not only be in charge of booking and managing artists, but also assisting concretely with the organization and execution of shows, liaising with venues to ensure the smooth running of our events and by helping to promote the events via our social networks. media channels.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of local and international musical networks and mechanisms. You’ll meet and learn from a wide range of DJs, artists and music industry professionals in Sydney, Australia and around the world.
Who we are:
Picnic is a Sydney-based touring, events and music services company. Now in our 14th year, we’ve hosted parties at iconic venues including the Sydney Opera House, Factory Theatre, Oxford Art Factory and our current weekly house, Tokyo Sing Song. We’ve worked with artists like the late Andrew Weatherall, Jayda G, Peggy Gou, Underground Resistance, Soichi Terada and DJ Harvey to name a few. Now that the dancing is back, we’re working hard to get Sydneysiders out of the house and onto the dance floor.
About the role:
- Preferred previous booking experience
- Previous experience liaising with artists
- 2-3 days a week, as well as weekend nights on site.
- Advanced written and verbal communication.
- High level proficiency on social media platforms.
- Exceptional computer/Microsoft Office/organizational skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Problem solving, ability to think on your feet and outside the box is a huge plus.
- Music business or management qualifications are an advantage
- Current driver’s license, car or access to a car and availability to help and work on events/tours.
- Immersion in Sydney’s underground and live music community, especially in electronic music and dance will be highly valued.
- A desire to take ownership of what you do and a willingness to go above and beyond to ensure the success of any event.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills along with exceptional time management and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- A desire to learn more and advance your career in the underground and live music industry.