Job: Head of Investment (Asset Management) at Cordros Capital
- The Investment Manager will provide insight and direction, lead investment teams, and be responsible for the overall investment strategy of the business.
- The Investment Manager will work closely with Relationship Managers to manage, monitor and maintain client portfolios and funds.
- He will develop and research investment ideas for clients, perform ongoing due diligence on existing investments and be a member of the investment committee.
- This is a primary role of mentoring investment management analysts and other junior investment professionals, and has decision-making authority and responsibility on client investment matters.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Critical thinking about macroeconomic investment ideas and forecasting methodology, and the ability to explain and defend these ideas to a wider audience.
- Perform comprehensive industry and company specific fundamental analysis, including in-depth analysis of financial statements.
- Present timely investment insights, reports and recommendations to the asset management team, including buy and sell ideas.
- Develop and implement investment and asset allocation strategies for individual and institutional investors.
- Collaborate with all team members to design investment strategies for all products and services.
- Monitor trends and events in the capital market.
- Contribute to the development of policies and processes for portfolio analysis and management, investor reporting and regulatory compliance.
- Construction, management, monitoring and reporting of the portfolio.
- Analyze investment portfolio data to monitor investment returns and risk levels.
- Identify high risk investments and propose strategies to mitigate risk.
- Represent Cordros Asset Management to industry stakeholders.
- Participate in investor meetings and calls to provide portfolio updates.
- Actively participate as a member of the investment committee.
- Manage projects assigned by the investment committee.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, banking and finance or business administration from an accredited university.
- An MBA or related master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- ACS, ACA or CFA certifications will also be an added advantage.
- 7-10 years of industry experience, of which 5 years must have been in investment/portfolio/fund management.
Required Skills :
- Sound knowledge and understanding of global and Nigerian capital markets.
- Good knowledge and understanding of equities, fixed income and alternative asset class.
- Good knowledge of investment fundamentals and risk management.
- Deep technical expertise in investment research and analysis.
Required Skills :
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, adept at concise communications.
- Exceptional client relationship development and management skills.
- High degree of Excel proficiency – the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets accurately.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Ability to present financial information in formats understandable to multiple audiences.
- Leadership and people management skills.
Behavioral attributes required:
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Client focus, professional behavior, personal integrity and understanding of fiduciary responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Driven, confident, detail oriented and analytical.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and initiatives.
Click here to apply