Qlik and Fortune detail the historical financial impact of
PHILADELPHIA, June 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Qlik® today launched the interactive data analytics site “The Pandemic Effect on the Fortune 500” in partnership with Fortune, scheduled with the release of the 2021 Fortune 500 list. In its second year as an official analytics partner of the Fortune 500, Qlik offers a unique data visualization experience that builds on the inaugural data-driven exploration of the Fortune 500, providing a journey through the crises that have shaped the Fortune 500 over the years, in particular the recent COVID-19 crisis. Qlik and Fortune will also offer a similar experience for the Fortune Global 500 later this year.
“The pandemic effect on the Fortune 500 is a unique window into the state of the world and the financial markets,” said Rick Jackson, Qlik chief marketing officer. “Expanding the scope of our initial visual exploration, Qlik’s unique analytics platform brings to life the data behind the story of the impact of crises on markets and sectors throughout recent history. “
Like last year, the site details the revenue and performance of the sectors and industries that are shaping the Fortune 500 2021, while also showcasing the impact of various crises on market performance, including:
- Beginning in 1971, visitors will browse “A Lifetime of Crises,” an exploration of the impact of various global crises on the earnings of the Fortune 500.
- Detailed interactive exploration will show the impact of different unique crises, including the oil price shock and stagflation of the 1970s, the DotCom bubble of the early 2000s, the 2008-09 global financial crisis and the COVID-19 from last year.
- The site will then allow visitors to compare the relative impact of different crises, for example by visualizing the impact of the DotCom bubble compared to the 2008-09 financial crisis.
- Visitors will then be able to explore the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the profits of various sectors of the Fortune 500.
- Finally, visitors can explore a more in-depth case study window in the changing landscape of the energy sector and petroleum refining industry from 2011 to 2021.
“Fortune is pleased to partner again with Qlik to provide our readers with modern data visualizations that showcase the rich history of the Fortune 500,” said Alan Murray, CEO of Fortune. “These data visualizations tell how global events impacted the ranking of market leaders on the list and offer a startling glimpse into how the recent pandemic has shaped America’s largest companies. “
Qlik’s vision is a data-driven world, where anyone can use data and analytics to improve decision-making and solve complex problems. Qlik provides a cloud-based, end-to-end, real-time data analysis and integration platform to bridge the gaps between data, insight, and action. By transforming data into Active Intelligence, businesses can make better decisions, improve revenue and profitability, and optimize customer relationships. Qlik operates in more than 100 countries and serves more than 50,000 customers around the world.
© 2021 QlikTech International AB. All rights reserved. All company and / or product names may be trade names, trademarks and / or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated.
The information provided here is subject to change without notice. Further, the development, release, and timing of any product or functionality described in this document remains at the sole discretion of Qlik and should not be relied on in making any purchasing decision, nor as a representation, warranty or a commitment to provide specific products or features in the future.