IT systems and AML / CFT data analyst at Bidvest Bank
Effectively assist in developing / improving, sustaining and maintaining the functional components and capacity implementation of AML monitoring, reporting and screening systems and related processes; to ensure determination of data requirements relevant to the AML function, acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and establish internal databases / data management processes, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality; Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports; Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets; Work with management to prioritize business and information needs; ensure very close liaison with the Bank’s IT and BDM services; and responsible for IT capacity planning and advising the Compliance Officer (& AMLCO).
Stakeholder management to promote service excellence
- Liaison with the Bank’s IT departments and IDS / EDW
- Build relationships.
- Liaise with the AML / CFT monitoring and reporting IT systems coordinator on all relevant issues
- Maintain high system user satisfaction through the delivery of high quality, timely and comprehensive solutions
- Close interaction with various AML department teams / functions to ensure awareness of data requirements and system challenges and rapid resolution
- Take responsibility for achieving operational objectives in own area of control
- SME to acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and establish relevant internal data management databases / processes, data analyzes and other strategies that optimize the efficiency and quality of statistics; Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports; Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Extract data from primary and secondary sources
- Cleanse and prune data to remove irrelevant information
- Analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques
- Identify trends, correlations and patterns in complex data sets
- Identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Provide concise data reports and clear data visualizations for management
- Design, create and maintain relational databases and data systems
- PME on Tonbeller AML monitoring, customer / payment verification; risk assessment systems; and the goAML FIC reporting system
- Responsible, in collaboration with the AML / CFT Surveillance and Communication Information Systems Coordinator, to develop / improve, support and maintain the functional components and implementation capacity of AML surveillance and customer control systems and payments; related processes; continuous system configuration and fine tuning
- Participate in analysis and design sessions with business analysts, development managers and technical team regarding the Bank’s core systems to integrate AML requirements into business processes
- Create business requirements and supporting documentation for the development / improvement or testing of monitoring, filtering or reporting systems
- Prepare and document test plans until acceptance of system changes
- Act as a nodal point for all IT issues of the AML department
- Responsible for IT capacity planning, IT asset management and advice to the coordinator of AML / CFT surveillance and reporting IT systems
- Knowledge of AML / CFT Acts: FICA, POCA, POCDATARA, POPI
- Respect and implementation of internal procedures.
- Interpret business unit / stakeholder requirements to deliver timely solutions.
- Provide appropriate advice to stakeholders on issues related to the AML system.
Management of internal processes
- Policy implementation and management
- Document control
- Monthly reporting and general reporting
- Contribution to making the department a great place to work.
- Effort to forge and maintain quality interpersonal relationships.
- Support and drive the core values of the company.
- Maintain a positive attitude and lead.
- Respond openly to comments.
- Promote knowledge sharing.
- Show a willingness to help others.
- Manage your own emotions (i.e. manage stress in a way that does not disrupt the effectiveness of the team).
- Open to comments and constructive criticism of the performance.
Development of personal and intellectual capital
- Appropriate to drive your own career development
- Achievement of objectives / milestones defined in the development plan.
- Development of the knowledge base and intellectual property.
- Broaden skills to ensure greater market value and value within the bank.
- Specific AML / CFT / Risk Management training.
- Completion of the bank internal AML course.
- Advance Excel / Work / PowerPoint.
- General high-level training on all basic systems and products of the Bank.
- Knowledge of business processes to be able to perform effective data analysis.
- Take charge of driving own areas of career development
- Preparation and signing of the personal development plan
- Achievement of objectives / milestones defined in the development plan
- Ability to identify weaknesses in the control environment and implement changes
- Knowledge of financial sector products and services would be a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- In-depth knowledge and experience in developing and supporting AML / CFT surveillance and detection systems
- Ability to effectively understand and analyze information from multiple sources
- Ability to identify and escalate sensitive issues with discretion
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of system synchronization
- Knowledge of exception reports (SARB)
- Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skills)
- Strong IT development / support skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Compliance and reporting
- FICA & AML knowledge and skills
- Customs regulations and procedures
- Analytical problem solving
- Effective communication
- creative thinking
- Industry knowledge
Desired work experience:
- Less than a year
- 1 to 2 years Data analysis / Data warehousing
Desired qualification level: